"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Furiosa Tinted Black and Chrome Alternate Version Was Made by George Miller

Forum 1 month ago

Furiosa Tinted Black and Chrome Alternate Version Was Made by George Miller

Just like what he did with 2015’s Mad Max: Fury Road, director George Miller has confirmed his plans to release an alternate version of Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga in tinted black and chrome.

Speaking with Josh Horowitz on the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Miller revealed that he has already completed editing a black and white version of Furiosa, describing the cut as “really interesting” to watch. However, the filmmaker didn’t clarify when will fans get a chance to see this alternate version.

“We’ve done it already. It’s the last thing I did on this film, and I call it Tinted Black & Chrome,” Miller shared. “I must say, it’s really interesting, I’m still trying to demystify why the black and white, for me, has something more elemental to it. I still can’t put my finger on it. It’s not because they look like old black and white movies, it’s something else. It’s like if we took a picture of ourselves right now, it might look a little more dramatic if it’s in black and white.”

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga’s Opening Weekend Underperforms

Following its theatrical debut, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga has failed to meet box office expectations during its opening weekend. Because of this, it ended up becoming one of the lowest-grossing movies to be released on a Memorial Day weekend, after only earning $26.3 million over the 3-day holiday. At the moment, the film currently holds a worldwide gross of over $64 million. Despite this, the film continues to be popular among critics, as it remains Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, with a Tomatometer rating of 90%.

“As the world fell, young Furiosa is snatched from the Green Place of Many Mothers and falls into the hands of a great Biker Horde led by the Warlord Dementus,” reads the official synopsis. “Sweeping through the Wasteland, they come across the Citadel presided over by The Immortan Joe. While the two Tyrants war for dominance, Furiosa must survive many trials as she puts together the means to find her way home.”

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga was directed by franchise creator George Miller from a script he co-wrote with Nico Lathouris. The film stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Burke, Alyla Browne, Nathan Jones, Angus Sampson, Quaden Bayles, Daniel Webber, and Lachy Hulme. It was produced by Miller and Doug Mitchell.

The film is now available in theaters worldwide.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Black Bag Release Date Set for Steven Soderbergh Movie With Cate Blanchett & Michael Fassbender
Forum | 3 days ago

Black Bag Release Date Set for Steven Soderbergh Movie With Cate Blanchett & Michael Fassbender

Why Twisters’ Kiss Ending Was Cut From Final Version of Glen Powell Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Why Twisters’ Kiss Ending Was Cut From Final Version of Glen Powell Movie

Police raid black spots in Bauchi, recover firearms from hoodlums
Forum | 1 week ago

Police raid black spots in Bauchi, recover firearms from hoodlums

Kyle Gass Apologizes Over Trump Assassination Joke After Jack Black Issues Statement
Forum | 1 week ago

Kyle Gass Apologizes Over Trump Assassination Joke After Jack Black Issues Statement