"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Captain Planet Movie Update Given by Glen Powell

Forum 1 month ago

Captain Planet Movie Update Given by Glen Powell

Glen Powell’s long-in-development Captain Planet movie is still something that the star hopes to make one day, if he has any say in it.

Powell was recently asked about the movie that began gestating in 2016. According to the rising star, the movie continues to be worked on behind the scenes, and he hopes that it’ll get made sometime soon.

“God, I freaking hope so,” said Powell to Collider. “Trust me, we have been working hard on that one for a long time. I’m optimistic about his future, but you never know the timeline.”

Powell’s last update on Captain Planet was in January 2023, where he shared that both he and Leonardo DiCaprio — who was said to be producing the project — were “super passionate” about the project. “I want that one to work. I’d love to play that superhero,” Powell said at the time.

Captain Planet film has been in the works for some time

The history of a film based on the Captain Planet and the Planeteers cartoon series is a long one, with multiple attempts having been made at creating a movie. The first attempt began in 1996 followed by writer Michael Reaves attempting to make a darker film just a few years later. The latest attempt with DiCaprio began in 2016, with Powell not only attached to star as Captain Planet but also write the film alongside Jono Matt.

Captain Planet and the Planeteers was created by Barbara Pyle and Ted Turner, and premiered in 1990 to rave reviews. The original series is a form of “edutainment” and deals with teaching children the importance of environmentalism as well as caring for the Earth.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Silo Season 2 Update Given by Showrunner, Rebecca Ferguson Featured in New Photo
Forum | 3 days ago

Silo Season 2 Update Given by Showrunner, Rebecca Ferguson Featured in New Photo

She-Hulk Season 2 Gets Update from Producer
Forum | 3 days ago

She-Hulk Season 2 Gets Update from Producer

Top Gun 3 Update Given by Glen Powell
Forum | 3 days ago

Top Gun 3 Update Given by Glen Powell

Why Twisters’ Kiss Ending Was Cut From Final Version of Glen Powell Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Why Twisters’ Kiss Ending Was Cut From Final Version of Glen Powell Movie