"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Welcome to Derry: Bill Skarsgård Teases Pennywise’s Return In IT TV Series

Forum 1 month ago

Welcome to Derry: Bill Skarsgård Teases Pennywise’s Return In IT TV Series

Could it once again be Welcome to Derry Bill Skarsgård? The actor has seemingly teased he could be reprising his role as Pennywise the Clown on the IT TV series.

When the Welcome to Derry series was announced, fans were naturally curious. Would Bill Skarsgård be showing up as the murderous cosmic force Pennywise from IT and IT Chapter 2? After all, Andy Muschietti, the director of these movies, is involved in the IT TV series, so why not Bill?

In an interview with Esquire, Bill Skarsgård coyly hinted at his involvement in the IT prequel series Welcome to Derry. Both he and series developer Andy Muschietti had headed to Toronto for secret filming at the same time.

Bill Skarsgard hints at joining Welcome to Derry’s cast as Pennywise

During the interview, Skarsgård discusses his various roles, his acting family, and the reaction to his upcoming reimagining of The Crow. When the subject of playing Pennywise again comes up, writer Madison Vain finds more than a few clues that Bill Skarsgård could be putting the greasepaint on again for Welcome to Derry.

”But for now at least, it’s all about the next role.From New York, he will head to Toronto, where he’s filming something. ‘I don’t want to spoil it,’ he teases. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that a few days later, when I get Muschietti on the phone, he too is in Ontario’s capital—which happens to be where both It movies were filmed. And earlier, when I’d asked Skarsgård if he would be willing to play Pennywise again, he offered only a sheepish ‘maybe’ in reply. Have there been discussions about when that may happen? ‘Maybe.’ ”

Last year, Skarsgård said he wasn’t currently involved with Welcome to Derry but hadn’t ruled out a return. He even offered up advice should someone else put on the clown shoes for the IT TV series.

“If someone else gets to [play Pennywise], my advice is to make it your own. Have fun with it. What I thought was so pleasurable about that character was how incredibly abstract he was. The book is really a gift that way.”

What do we know about IT TV series Welcome to Derry?

“Set in the world of Stephen King’s It universe, Welcome to Derry is based on King’s It novel. It expands the vision established by filmmaker Andy Muschietti in the feature films It and It Chapter Two,

Taylour Paige (Zola), Jovan Adepo (Babylon), Chris Chalk (All Dirt Roads Taste of Salt), and James Remar (Oppenheimer) are already part of the Welcome to Derry cast. Exact plot and character details are being kept under wraps for now.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Trap First Reactions: ‘A Return to Form for M. Night Shyamalan’
Forum | 3 hours ago

Trap First Reactions: ‘A Return to Form for M. Night Shyamalan’

Khaid unfollows Sydney Talker, others except Olamide on IG following his return to social media
Forum | 1 day ago

Khaid unfollows Sydney Talker, others except Olamide on IG following his return to social media

Industry Season 3 Trailer Previews HBO Drama’s Return With Kit Harington
Forum | 2 days ago

Industry Season 3 Trailer Previews HBO Drama’s Return With Kit Harington

Skibidi Toilet Movie, Television Series Being Developed by Michael Bay
Forum | 2 days ago

Skibidi Toilet Movie, Television Series Being Developed by Michael Bay