"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Viggo Mortensen Says He’d Return to Lord of the Rings as Aragorn

Forum 1 month ago

Viggo Mortensen Says He’d Return to Lord of the Rings as Aragorn

Viggo Mortensen’s beloved Lord of the Rings character could return to the big screens as the actor himself has shown interest in coming back. With Warner Bros. developing Lord of the Rings: The Hunt for Gollum, people wondering whether any original characters such as Aragorn will be back have got a partial answer from Mortensen.

Viggo Mortensen would return to Lord of the Rings if the story was ‘right’

The story and timeline of Andy Serkis’ Lord of the Rings: The Hunt for Gollum are not known yet. But, if it features the return of a few original characters, then fans could count Viggo Mortensen in. However, there is a catch as a few boxes would have to be ticked with Aragorn to bring Mortensen back.

In an interview with GQ while promoting his latest Western film, The Dead Don’t Hurt, Mortensen talked about reusing Aragorn’s sword. Further, he was also asked about returning to the Lord of the Rings franchise with The Hunt for Gollum, especially after being originally interested in reprising his role in The Hobbit trilogy.

Answering the question, Mortensen said that he would surely be back. However, he doesn’t “know exactly what the story is” for The Hunt for Gollum as he hasn’t heard anything. About portraying Aragorn, he said he “liked playing that character,” and that he “learned” and “enjoyed” playing the character a lot.

But, regarding the possibility of returning as Aragorn in Lord of the Rings: The Hunt for Gollum, Mortensen stated:

“I would only do it if I was right for it in terms of, you know, the age I am now and so forth. I would only do it if I was right for the character. It would be silly to do it otherwise.”

Before potentially making a Lord of the Rings comeback, Viggo Mortensen is set to star in The Dead Don’t Hurt. It hits theaters on May 31, 2024.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Industry Season 3 Trailer Previews HBO Drama’s Return With Kit Harington
Forum | 2 days ago

Industry Season 3 Trailer Previews HBO Drama’s Return With Kit Harington

Marvel & DC: Kevin Feige Says ‘Never Say Never’ to MCU-DCU Crossover Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Marvel & DC: Kevin Feige Says ‘Never Say Never’ to MCU-DCU Crossover Movie

Scary Movie 6: Anna Faris Would Return on 1 Condition
Forum | 3 days ago

Scary Movie 6: Anna Faris Would Return on 1 Condition

Saida Boj blasts Soma over his photo with Ilebaye, says it’s disrespectful to Angel
Forum | 4 days ago

Saida Boj blasts Soma over his photo with Ilebaye, says it’s disrespectful to Angel