Finding Nemo 3: Pixar CCO Sees ‘A Lot of Opportunity There’

Forum 3 weeks ago

Finding Nemo 3: Pixar CCO Sees ‘A Lot of Opportunity There’

Pete Docter, the chief creative officer (CCO) for Pixar, says there are “lots of opportunities” for a third Finding Nemo movie.

Speaking with Bloomberg, Docter hinted that, while Finding Nemo 3 has not been confirmed at this time, the company was considering making another entry in the film franchise.

“Where else have we not gone in the ocean? The ocean’s a big place. I think there’s a lot of opportunity there. We’re kind of fishing around—ha-ha,” he said.

When did the first two Finding Nemo movies come out?

Directed by Andrew Stanton, Finding Nemo was released in United States theaters in May 2003. It ended up being a huge financial hit, bringing in approximately $940.3 million (including a 3D rerelease in 2012) at the global box office off a budget of around $94 million.

The voice cast for Finding Nemo includes Albert Brooks as Marlin, Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, Alexander Gould as Nemo, Willem Dafoe as Gill, Brad Garrett as Bloat, Allison Janney as Peach, Stephen Root as Bubbles, Austin Pendleton as Gurgle, Vicki Lewis as Deb, Joe Ranft as Jacques, Geoffrey Rush as Nigel, and Stanton as Crush.

A sequel to Finding Nemo, titled Finding Dory, was released in 2016. Once again directed by Stanton, Finding Dory also proved to be a major hit for Pixar, as it generated approximately $1.029 billion at the global box office with an approximate budget of $200 million.

Stanton has hinted that a third Finding Nemo movie could be a possibility before. He told Entertainment Weekly in 2016, “I’ve stopped saying never for anything because there are a lot of new characters that get introduced and we’ve broadened the universe for this movie. And again, I’m very used to seeing that world continue to open up from the Toy Story movies…so I’ve learned to just say, to my knowledge, I think everything that was born of the first movie is wrapped up. But we’ll see.”

Finding Nemo and Finding Dory are both streaming on Disney+.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pixar Details Upcoming Movie Plans, Luca Director Working on Original Project
Forum | 4 days ago

Pixar Details Upcoming Movie Plans, Luca Director Working on Original Project

Inside Out 2 Box Office Previews Impress for Pixar Sequel
Forum | 1 week ago

Inside Out 2 Box Office Previews Impress for Pixar Sequel

Inside Out 2 Box Office Projections Hint at Strong Start for Pixar Sequel
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Inside Out 2 Box Office Projections Hint at Strong Start for Pixar Sequel