"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Sherlock Holmes 3: Robert Downey Jr.’s Sequel ‘Still Very Much Alive’

Forum 1 month ago

Sherlock Holmes 3: Robert Downey Jr.’s Sequel ‘Still Very Much Alive’

Robert Downey Jr.’s Sherlock Holmes 3 has been stuck in development limbo ever since 2011’s Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows set up the sequel. Constant delays led many fans to believe that it may never see the light of day. However, the threequel’s co-producer, Susan Downey, has given an update on its development.

Sherlock Holmes 3 producer provides exciting update on sequel

Susan Downey recently stated that despite all delays, Sherlock Holmes 3 is still happening with Team Downey. Following the announcement of a young Sherlock prequel series for Prime Video, Sherlock Holmes 3 could be another live-action project that fans can bank on.

While promoting Netflix’s Team Downey produced Sweet Tooth Season 3 in an interview with Screen Rant, Susan Downey was asked about an update on Sherlock Holmes 3. She replied:

“I mean, look, no, there’s no update, other than it’s still very much alive in our hearts.”

She further revealed that Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr. meet multiple times a year, which makes her want to recreate the “magic” by uniting the two on screen. She continued:

“Every day we talk about, ‘What is the best next version of that?’ Because anytime I see Robert and Jude together, which fortunately, I do get to see a few times a year, we hang out, and I’m just like, ‘Can I get these guys back on screen together?’, it’s magic.”

Downy gave no timeline for production but she concluded by saying that “there needs to be a really strong reason” along with “a great story” for it to happen.

Robert Downey Jr. recently starred in The Sympathizer and will appear in Jamie Foxx’s upcoming All-Star Weekend movie. Beyond that, he is only rumored to appear in Avengers: Secret Wars, and has no further on-screen acting projects lined up. So, whether Sherlock Holmes 3 becomes a priority remains to be seen.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
City of God: The Fight Rages On Trailer Previews Upcoming Sequel Show
Forum | 1 day ago

City of God: The Fight Rages On Trailer Previews Upcoming Sequel Show

Emma Corrin Praises Robert Eggers and Nosferatu: ‘It’s Brilliant’
Forum | 3 days ago

Emma Corrin Praises Robert Eggers and Nosferatu: ‘It’s Brilliant’

Joker: Folie à Deux Trailer for DC Sequel Starring Joaquin Phoenix, Lady Gaga
Forum | 3 days ago

Joker: Folie à Deux Trailer for DC Sequel Starring Joaquin Phoenix, Lady Gaga