"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

People Collide Series in the Works From Broad City’s Abbi Jacobson

Forum 1 month ago

People Collide Series in the Works From Broad City’s Abbi Jacobson

Broad City co-creator Abbi Jacobson has found her next major TV project, following A League of Their Own series’ cancellation at Prime Video.

According to Deadline, Jacobson has signed on to pen the upcoming series adaptation of People Collide, based on Isle McElroy’s gender-bending and body-switching novel which was published last September 2023. She will be developing the project through her Tender Pictures banner, along with UCP and Killer Films. In addition, Jacobson will also be serving as the showrunner.

“I’ve been a massive fan of Abbi Jacobson’s work for years, and I’m thrilled by her vision for the project,” McElroy said in a statement. “I can’t think of a better writer to capture People Collide’s mix of intimacy, drama, and humor. Killer Films has made some of my favorite movies of all time. I deeply admire their commitment to creating unique, unforgettable work. I’m so grateful for the enthusiasm UCP has brought to People Collide. It’s an honor to be working together.”

What is People Collide about?

People Collide will center around a married couple who suddenly switch bodies with each other while the other one goes missing without a trace. The story is expected to explore marriage, identity, and sex and raises questions about the nature of true partnership.

“When Eli leaves the cramped Bulgarian apartment he shares with Elizabeth, his more organized and successful wife, he discovers that he now inhabits her body. Not only have he and his wife traded bodies, but Elizabeth, living as Eli, has disappeared without a trace. What follows is Eli’s search across Europe and to America for his missing wife—and a roving, no-holds-barred exploration of gender and embodied experience,” reads the novel’s official synopsis. “As Eli comes closer to finding Elizabeth—while learning to exist in her body—he begins to wonder what effect this metamorphosis will have on their relationship and how long he can maintain the illusion of living as someone he isn’t. Will their new marriage wither completely? Or is this transformation the very thing Eli and Elizabeth need for their marriage to thrive?”

Besides the People Collide series, Jacobson is also currently attached to star in a new comedy series titled No Good Deed for Netflix. It will also star Ray Romano, Lisa Kudrow, Linda Cardellini, Luke Wilson, Teyonah Parris, Denis Leary and more.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Let’s go – Guardiola gives fresh update on Man City future
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Let’s go – Guardiola gives fresh update on Man City future

City of God: The Fight Rages On Trailer Previews Upcoming Sequel Show
Forum | 1 day ago

City of God: The Fight Rages On Trailer Previews Upcoming Sequel Show

Skibidi Toilet Movie, Television Series Being Developed by Michael Bay
Forum | 2 days ago

Skibidi Toilet Movie, Television Series Being Developed by Michael Bay