"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Kevin Costner on Making Horizon: An American Saga Into a Movie, Not a TV Show

Forum 1 month ago

Kevin Costner on Making Horizon: An American Saga Into a Movie, Not a TV Show

Kevin Costner is risking it all to make Horizon: An American Saga, a four-part Western epic. Costner is financing much of the production with his own money. The former Yellowstone star could have easily made Horizon: An American Saga into a TV show in the streaming era. However, Costner is bullish on the theatrical experience, believing the story needed to be told through multiple movies.

“I had somebody who said, ‘Look, please don’t do this, Kevin, let’s do this,’” Costner told Empire. “But I’m glad about what I’m doing. I believe in the big screen. I believe in that experience. I also believe in what will come to your television. You know, I’m not one of those guys that has a director’s cut. The fucking movie I make is the director’s cut.”

What to Expect in Horizon: An American Saga?

“Horizon: An American Saga explores the lure of the Old West and how it was won—and lost—through the blood, sweat and tears of many,” the official synopsis reads. “Spanning the four years of the Civil War, from 1861 to 1865, Costner’s ambitious cinematic adventure will take audiences on an emotional journey across a country at war with itself, experienced through the lens of families, friends and foes all attempting to discover what it truly means to be the United States of America.”

Horizon: An American Saga boasts a large ensemble cast that includes Costner, Sienna Miller, Sam Worthington, Jena Malone, Owen Crow Shoe, Tatanka Means, Ella Hunt, Danny Huston, Abbey Lee, Michael Rooker, Will Patton, Douglas Smith, Luke Wilson, Isabelle Fuhrman, Jamie Campbell Bower, Michael Anganaro, Angus Macfadyen, Kathleen Quinlan, Glynn Turman, Giovanni Ribisi, and Thomas Haden Church.

Horizon: An American Saga is directed by Costner from a screenplay he co-wrote with Jon Baird. Costner is a producer alongside Howard Kaplan and Mark Gillard.

Warner Bros. will release the first two parts of Horizon: An American Saga in theaters this summer. Chapter 1 arrives on June 28, 2024, and Chapter 2 premieres on August 16, 2024. Filming for Chapter 3 is underway, while Chapter 4 is in development.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Brain Jotter denies making profit from Mike Ejeagha’s ‘Gwo Gwo Ngwo’ song
Forum | 2 days ago

Brain Jotter denies making profit from Mike Ejeagha’s ‘Gwo Gwo Ngwo’ song

Fight Night: The Million Dollar Heist Trailer Previews Kevin Hart’s Peacock Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Fight Night: The Million Dollar Heist Trailer Previews Kevin Hart’s Peacock Series

Marvel & DC: Kevin Feige Says ‘Never Say Never’ to MCU-DCU Crossover Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Marvel & DC: Kevin Feige Says ‘Never Say Never’ to MCU-DCU Crossover Movie

Marvel’s Kevin Feige Teases Blade Reboot R Rating
Forum | 4 days ago

Marvel’s Kevin Feige Teases Blade Reboot R Rating