"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Cillian Murphy’s Small Things Like These Acquired by Lionsgate

Forum 1 month ago

Cillian Murphy’s Small Things Like These Acquired by Lionsgate

The Cillian Murphy-starring Small Things Like These has been acquired by Lionsgate.

Announced in a press release, Lionsgate has acquired the North American, UK, and Ireland distribution rights to Small Things Like These, which is directed by Tim Mielants.

Production on Small Things Like These took place in Ireland last year. Lionsgate will partner with Roadside Attractions for the North American theatrical distribution of the film.

What is Small Things Like These about?

“Small Things Like These takes place over Christmas in 1985, when devoted father Bill Furlong (Murphy) discovers the startling secrets being kept by the convent in his town, and some shocking truths about his own life as well.”

Based on Claire Keegan’s 2021 novel of the same name, Small Things Like These stars Emily Watson in addition to Murphy. Murphy and Alan Moloney produced the movie via Big Things Films, while Ben Affleck and Matt Damon’s Artists Equity financed the film and put it into production.

Cather Magee, Damon, and Drew Vinton additionally serve as producers on Small Things Like These, while Affleck, Kevin Halloran, and Michael Joe serve as executive producers. Enda Walsh wrote the script.

”Especially since Small Things Like These marks the first project from Big Things Films, I’m particularly pleased Lionsgate and Roadside Attractions will bring it to audiences in Ireland, the US, and UK,” Murphy said in a statement. “Making the film was a labor of love; I can’t wait to talk about it. We are enormously grateful to Artists Equity for their unwavering support throughout this process. From the moment we shared the script, they have been there for us, and we are immensely grateful for their philosophy and partnership.”

Affleck and Damon added, “When Cillian and Alan Moloney brought this project to us, we instantly said we wanted to help bring it to life. We couldn’t be prouder of that decision. This is simply a wonderful film, one that we think really does justice to Claire Keegan’s astounding, poignant novella. We are elated to partner with Lionsgate and Roadside Attractions so audiences across the U.S., U.K. and particularly Ireland will be able to see it.”

Small Things Like These does not yet have an official release date from Lionsgate.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mommy’s Home: Psychological Horror Movie Heads to Lionsgate From I Love My Dad Director
Forum | 1 week ago

Mommy’s Home: Psychological Horror Movie Heads to Lionsgate From I Love My Dad Director

Peter Obi political jobber, will dump LP like Okupe, Balami – Ex-Atiku’s aide, Daniel Bwala
Forum | 1 week ago

Peter Obi political jobber, will dump LP like Okupe, Balami – Ex-Atiku’s aide, Daniel Bwala

Senator Ndume: APC on verge of implosion like PDP – Bashir Ahmad
Forum | 1 week ago

Senator Ndume: APC on verge of implosion like PDP – Bashir Ahmad

The Surfer: Nicolas Cage Movie Acquired by Lionsgate, Release Date Window Revealed
Forum | 1 week ago

The Surfer: Nicolas Cage Movie Acquired by Lionsgate, Release Date Window Revealed