White Collar Reboot Officially Moving Forward, Creator & Stars Returning

Forum 2 weeks ago

White Collar Reboot Officially Moving Forward, Creator & Stars Returning

The long-rumored reboot of White Collar is officially moving forward, with series creator Jeff Eastin writing the script for the project. Matt Bomer, Tim DeKay, and Tiffani Thiessen are all confirmed to return and reprise their respective roles as Neal Caffrey, Peter Burke, and Elizabeth Burke.

The news was announced during Variety’s TV Fest, confirming years of speculation about the USA Network Original series. A police procedural that debuted in October 2009 and ran for six seasons, White Collar focused on Bomer’s talented con artist and DeKay’s FBI Special Agent working together to solve crimes.

What we know about the White Collar reboot

Although specific plot details about the reboot are not yet known, DeKay did mention the fact that the project would appeal both to fans of the original and newer viewers. “It’s a fantastic script and it answers all the questions that one would have if you watch the show,” the actor said to Variety, “and it would introduce the show to those who haven’t seen it as well. Both edges of the sword are honed.”

Eastin touched on what it was that helped the reboot gain momentum, citing the resurgence of Suits on streaming: “If you get to the finale, with Neal [Bomer] walking in Paris, that was always the setup. I always left it open, and as the years passed, it seemed more like a distant hope. But say thank you to Suits for starting this streaming trend. They were doing great and got people watching White Collar now on Netflix. That’s doing really, really good. Off of that, it’s like, ‘Hey, let’s do another one.’”

It was also confirmed that the new White Collar would tribute to the late Willie Garson, who played Mozzie on all six seasons of the procedural and passed away in September 2021. “It honors Willie, too, in a profound way,” DeKay said. Thiessen added, “I told Jeff after I finished it, I literally was so excited, but at the same time had tears in my eyes — for good reason. You captured the suspense, the thrill, the characters, and the love in that reboot.”

A platform for the White Collar reboot is not yet attached, though the hope is that it could end up on a streaming service. The news comes as the latest example of a renewed interest in the procedurals that USA Network aired during the 2010s. Following its record-breaking streaming viewership numbers, a spin-off of Suits is in the works at NBC. It’s also been reported that USA Network is looking to recommit to scripted shows.

Along with Bomer, DeKay, Thiessen, and Garson, the regular White Collar cast also included Marsha Thomason, Natalie Morales, Hilarie Burton, Sharif Atkins, Diahann Carroll, and, during the first season, Natalie Morales. Recurring guests included Diahann Carroll, James Rebhorn, Bridget Regan, and Gloria Votsis, among others. The original hailed from Fox Television Studios, with Eastin, Nick Thiel, and Jeff King as executive producers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Whitemoney recounts journey from living under bridge to BBNaija stardom
Forum | 2 days ago

Whitemoney recounts journey from living under bridge to BBNaija stardom

Kevin Costner Yellowstone Return Officially Ruled Out Ahead of Horizon Chapter 1
Forum | 3 days ago

Kevin Costner Yellowstone Return Officially Ruled Out Ahead of Horizon Chapter 1

Fans express mixed reactions as Mercy Eke reveals All Stars Reunion has been canceled
Forum | 4 days ago

Fans express mixed reactions as Mercy Eke reveals All Stars Reunion has been canceled

The Night Manager Season 2 Returning Cast Includes Olivia Colman & 4 More
Forum | 5 days ago

The Night Manager Season 2 Returning Cast Includes Olivia Colman & 4 More