"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Knives Out 3 Photo Announces Production Start, Rian Johnson Teases Ensemble Cast

Forum 1 month ago

Knives Out 3 Photo Announces Production Start, Rian Johnson Teases Ensemble Cast

The first photo from Knives Out 3 teases the official start of production on Wake Up Dead Man: A Knives Out: A Knives Out Mystery.

On X, Knives Out director Rian Johnson shared a photo of Daniel Craig reprising his role as Benoit Blanc in Wake Up Dead Man: A Knives Out Mystery. Johnson’s caption reads, “Aaaaand we’re off! Today is day 1 of shooting on the next Benoit Blanc mystery Wake Up Dead Man – see you on the other side.”

View the photo below:

What did Rian Johnson say about Knives Out 3?

Speaking with Netflix Tudum, Johnson spoke about the large ensemble cast who will be starring in Wake Up Dead Man: A Knives Out Mystery.

“We’ve been very lucky with each of these movies to have gathered some of my favorite actors on the planet, and that’s absolutely the case here,” Johnson said. “They’re also all lovely folks who get along, which is the dinner party aspect of it. When you’re making an ensemble movie like this I think that’s key.”

Along with Craig, Knives Out 3 stars Josh O’Connor, Cailee Spaeny, Andrew Scott, Glenn Close, Mila Kunis, Josh Brolin, Kerry Washington, Daryl McCormack, Thomas Haden Church, and Jeremy Renner.

Regarding Renner’s role and his hot sauce cameo in 2022’s Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, Johnson said, “Jeremy’s a great actor who I’ve wanted to work with for a long time. I was very relieved he thought the hot sauce thing was funny! He’s playing a proper part in this one, we’ll keep the sauce off-screen. Maybe we’ll sneak a few bottles onto the catering table.”

Johnson also said of the film’s title, which is also the title of a U2 song featured on 1997’s “Pop” album, “Pop is a very underrated album, and that song is very right for the title. But I’ve had Wake Up Dead Man in my head for a long while, and I first heard the phrase in American folk music.”

Wake Up Dead Man: A Knives Out Mystery will be released in 2025.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mutant: Year Zero Movie Announced, Cast and First Images Released
Forum | 2 hours ago

Mutant: Year Zero Movie Announced, Cast and First Images Released

Miranda Cosgrove, Pierson Fodé Cast in New Netflix Rom-Com The Wrong Paris
Forum | 17 hours ago

Miranda Cosgrove, Pierson Fodé Cast in New Netflix Rom-Com The Wrong Paris

Netflix’s House of Guinness Cast Revealed, Includes Louis Partridge
Forum | 1 day ago

Netflix’s House of Guinness Cast Revealed, Includes Louis Partridge