David Duchovny Talks The X-Files Reboot, Potential Mulder Return

Forum 1 week ago

David Duchovny Talks The X-Files Reboot, Potential Mulder Return

David Duchovny opens up about reprising his iconic role as Fox Mulder in Ryan Coogler’s announced reboot of The X-Files, reflecting on where the character would be today.

What are David Duchovny’s thoughts about returning in the X-Files reboot?

When asked about whether his time as Mulder is over, after playing the role in the original series, the revival, and two feature films, Duchovny expresses an openness to revisiting the role in his response.

“I don’t wake up and wonder, ‘Where is the X-Files stock today?’ But I love that show. I don’t know what my character would be like at my age. It’s an interesting question. That show can address the present as well as it addressed the ’90s. It just depends on [series creator] Chris [Carter] or the other writers. I’m always like, ‘Hey, let’s see,” said Duchovny to The Hollywood Reporter.

Duchovny’s remarks come after Carter himself weighed in on The X-Files reboot recently. Carter mentioned that he’s not involved with the Ryan Coogler project, though he added that he’s in support of the potential series and excited to see how it turns out.

Despite the high-profile nature of the reboot, due to the involvement of Black Panther and Creed director Coogler, there aren’t any details known about it. There have not been any casting announcements and it’s unclear if the new show would exist in the same world as the original series. Still, Carter mentioned that the X-Files reboot would include a diverse cast.

It’s also worth noting that the animated comedy spin-off, The X-Files: Albuquerque, first announced in August 2020, is no longer in development and won’t be moving forward.

As for Duchovny, the actor is currently promoting Reverse the Curse. The film marks Duchovny’s second as a director, and he also stars alongside Logan Marshall-Green and Stephanie Beatriz. The story follows Ted (Marshall-Green), a failed writer who moves back home after learning of his father Marty’s (Duchovny) failing health. The film is based on Duchovny’s novel and will have a limited theatrical release on June 14th.

The actor also currently hosts a podcast, Fail Better, and recently appeared in films such as What Happens Later, Pet Sematary: Bloodlines, and You People. He also recently appeared in the HBO limited series The Sympathizer in a recurring guest role.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido surprises wife, Chioma with car on wedding day
Forum | 3 days ago

Davido surprises wife, Chioma with car on wedding day

Davido’s wedding cake gets security guard
Forum | 3 days ago

Davido’s wedding cake gets security guard

Mike & Nick & Nick & Alice Cast: James Marsden in Talks to Join Comedy
Forum | 3 days ago

Mike & Nick & Nick & Alice Cast: James Marsden in Talks to Join Comedy