Interview With the Vampire Season 3 Will Possibly Be Inspired by This Anne Rice Book

Forum 1 week ago

Interview With the Vampire Season 3 Will Possibly Be Inspired by This Anne Rice Book

Showrunner Rolin Jones teased their plan for Interview With the Vampire Season 3 should it receive an official order from AMC. At the moment, the supernatural drama is currently airing its second installment with only two more remaining episodes left for this season.

What will the potential Interview With the Vampire Season 3 be about?

In a recent interview, Jones confirmed that the potential Interview With the Vampire Season 3 would be inspired by Anne Rice‘s 1985 novel The Vampire Lestat. In the original novel, Lestat writes his own autobiography, after waking up to Daniel Molloy’s Interview with the Vampire as an already published book. This seemingly teased the creative team’s plan to shift the show’s story from telling Louis’ side of the story for two seasons to exploring the story of Sam Reid’s Lestat de Lioncourt.

“There’s no green light. I can’t talk about it,” Jones said (via Collider). “I can only talk about this: The next book I would do would be The Vampire Lestat. I have no idea who makes the decisions about why things are titled what they are. I think it’s called The Vampire Lestat. That’s what I think it’s called, so that’s what I would like to make. We’re already pulling from other books. We’ve pulled from The Vampire Lestat. We’ve pulled from The Queen of the Damned. We’ve pulled from The Vampire Armand. We’ve pulled a little bit or at least some seeds from The Body Thief. There’s some stuff from Prince Lestat. We’ve read them. We’re building this things as if they’re all one giant thing.”

Interview With the Vampire is written and executive produced by Emmy nominee Rolin Jones, who also serves as the showrunner. Season 2 stars Jacob Anderson as Louis de Pointe du Lac, Sam Reid as Lestat de Lioncourt, Delainey Hayles as Claudia, Ben Daniels as Santiago, Eric Bogosian as Daniel Molloy, Assad Zaman as Armand, and more. It is executive produced by Mark Johnson and Christopher Rice.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Antony Starr ‘Had A Ball’ While Filming Episode 4 of The Boys Season 4
Forum | 1 day ago

Antony Starr ‘Had A Ball’ While Filming Episode 4 of The Boys Season 4

Jeremy Renner Discusses ‘Emotional’ Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Production Following Accident
Forum | 1 day ago

Jeremy Renner Discusses ‘Emotional’ Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Production Following Accident

SEAL Team Season 7 Trailer Sets Premiere Release Date
Forum | 1 day ago

SEAL Team Season 7 Trailer Sets Premiere Release Date

One Piece Season 2 Cast Finds Live-Action Baroque Works Villains
Forum | 2 days ago

One Piece Season 2 Cast Finds Live-Action Baroque Works Villains