"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Kevin Costner Says Horizon Chapter 2 Delay Worked in His Favor

Forum 1 week ago

Kevin Costner Says Horizon Chapter 2 Delay Worked in His Favor

Kevin Costner’s Horizon franchise currently finds itself in trouble following the disappointing box-office showing of the first movie. As such, the release of the second installment ended up getting delayed and ultimately altered. In a recent discussion, the actor reflected on the suspended release date and provided his two cents regarding the current state of his film series. Kevin Costner also stated that the ordeal with Horizon Chapter 2 actually ended up benefitting his plans.

Kevin Costner reacts to Horizon Chapter 2’s release being delayed by Warner Bros.

The Yellowstone star acknowledged that the underwhelming financial performance of the predecessor of Horizon: An American Saga – Chapter 2 eventually led to its delay.

Nevertheless, the veteran actor maintained faith in his films and reaffirmed his trust in their quality while addressing a Venice Film Festival press conference. “It didn’t have overwhelming success,” the 69-year-old said. “I’ve had a lot of movies that way, that have stood the test of time.” Costner further mentioned that postponing the Horizon Chapter 2 release date was the studio’s decision.

The sequel was originally planned to premiere on August 16, 2024. However, the box-office failure of the first film led the studios to scrap the theatrical release of the second film. Following a last-minute entry to the Venice Film Festival, Kevin Costner’s Horizon: An American Saga – Chapter 2 was finally showcased on the last day of the event.

Costner on how Horizon Chapter 2’s delay ‘fell into’ his original plan

Despite the said difficulties faced by Kevin Costner, he disclosed that everything eventually worked out in his favor. He stated that getting the opportunity to screen Horizon Chapter 2 at Venice was his original desire.

“For me, it fell back into my plan, which was I always wanted to come out with movies about five-six months apart. And that was going to allow me to come to Venice,” Costner said. “I would have never come to Venice, because they won’t show the film here if it was already out.”

The franchise has been conceptualized to span a total of four films, according to Variety. As per Costner, the remaining two films have already been written and are expected to enter the development phase soon. Despite the actor’s comments, release dates and confirmations of Horizon Chapter 2’s sequels have yet to be officially announced.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Imo APC debunks protest rumour, says party strong, ready for LGA polls
Forum | 2 days ago

Imo APC debunks protest rumour, says party strong, ready for LGA polls

The Killer’s Game’s Dave Bautista Says Filming Was ‘Hectic’ & ‘Crazy’
Forum | 3 days ago

The Killer’s Game’s Dave Bautista Says Filming Was ‘Hectic’ & ‘Crazy’

“He Can Handle Business”- Toke Makinwa gushes over Shaun as Wanni says he satisfied her 3 times
Forum | 3 days ago

“He Can Handle Business”- Toke Makinwa gushes over Shaun as Wanni says he satisfied her 3 times

Dune: Prophecy Star Emily Watson Says Series Won’t Be ‘Childish’ or ‘Like Star Wars’
Forum | 3 days ago

Dune: Prophecy Star Emily Watson Says Series Won’t Be ‘Childish’ or ‘Like Star Wars’