"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Spider-Man Director Jon Watts Inks Deal to Direct Disney & 20th Century Movies

Forum 7 hours ago

Spider-Man Director Jon Watts Inks Deal to Direct Disney & 20th Century Movies

Director Jon Watts, known for directing the Spider-Man trilogy starring Tom Holland, is set to make a comeback in Disney. This development follows a recent first-look movie deal signed between Jon Watts’ production company and Disney. He has recently also signed a deal with Apple to make the sequel of his upcoming movie, Wolfs. It features the dynamic duo of George Clooney and Brad Pitt teaming up for some action.

Spider-Man: Homecoming’s Jon Watts signs first-look deal with Disney

Jon Watts has been quite busy with the promotions of his action movie, Wolfs. However, this hasn’t stopped the director from grabbing onto some challenging projects. Now, Watts is returning to Disney due to an exclusive deal.

According to Deadline, as per the deal’s conditions, Watts and his production company Freshman Year will be involved in making feature-length films for 20th Century Studios and Disney’s live-action unit. Furthermore, this isn’t the first time he has teamed up with Disney. Previously, the director has given three major blockbuster Spider-Man films to the studios. They have roughly grossed $4 billion at the box office.

Apart from this, Watts is a producer for Disney’s Star Wars: Skeleton Crew. The show is set to debut on Disney Plus in December. David Greenbaum, the head of Disney’s live-action unit and 20th Century Studios, also commented on Watts’ re-entry into Disney. He said, “Jon Watts is a truly gifted filmmaker who brings spectacle, humor, and heart to whatever he does. I am so excited to work with him and his producing partner Dianne McGunigle on a slate of upcoming projects for Disney and 20th.”

Jon Watts also expressed his excitement with Deadline. He said, “I’ve already had an incredible experience working with Alan Bergman, Kathy Kennedy, Kevin Feige, and the rest of the Disney team and I’m thrilled to now be partnering with the brilliantly creative David Greenbaum. David has exceptional taste and deep filmmaking knowledge and I’m excited to work with him and his team to create memorable, director-driven theatrical experiences.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Man City ‘could be expelled from all competitions’ if guilty of 115 charges
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: Man City ‘could be expelled from all competitions’ if guilty of 115 charges

Spider-Noir Cast Adds 8 to Nicolas Cage Spider-Man Series
Forum | 7 hours ago

Spider-Noir Cast Adds 8 to Nicolas Cage Spider-Man Series

EPL: Fabregas makes huge prediction for Man City vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Fabregas makes huge prediction for Man City vs Arsenal clash

EPL: David Luiz names two teams that will challenge Man City for title
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: David Luiz names two teams that will challenge Man City for title