"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Happy Gilmore 2: Margaret Qualley Reveals How Jack Antonoff’s Lie Got Her Cast in Adam Sandler Movie

Forum 7 hours ago

Happy Gilmore 2: Margaret Qualley Reveals How Jack Antonoff’s Lie Got Her Cast in Adam Sandler Movie

Margaret Qualley has shared details about how she secured a role in the upcoming Happy Gilmore 2, sparking interest among fans. During a recent interview, the actress revealed that her husband, Jack Antonoff, played a key role in helping her land the part by embellishing her golfing abilities, despite her lack of experience.

Margaret Qualley reveals how she was cast in Adam Sandler Happy Gilmore 2

During an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Margaret Qualley revealed her excitement when she first heard about the sequel. “I saw that there was gonna be a Happy Gilmore 2 and I emailed my agents right away and I said, ‘Anything it takes — no part is too small. Please. I gotta be a part of this, I’m begging you. Please. Whatever it takes,'” she recalled.

Host Jimmy Fallon then displayed a text conversation between Antonoff and Adam Sandler, where Sandler asked, “Does your wife golf at all?” Antonoff responded, “Yeah, she’s actually good.” However, Qualley admitted that this wasn’t true, saying, “What a good husband. And I can’t golf. He lied for the sake of the family… I never golfed a day in my life. I’m terrible, actually.”

Although she had no prior golfing experience, Qualley took some lessons but humorously noted, “I took some lessons, but mostly, I’m still bad.” Despite this, she expressed her joy over getting the role in the film, calling it “the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” She added, “I’m essentially deep background, but I can die happy now.”

Happy Gilmore 2, directed by Kyle Newacheck, marks the return of Adam Sandler as the iconic character nearly 30 years after the original. The sequel will also see the return of Julie Bowen and Christopher McDonald, along with new cast members such as Benito Martínez Ocasio (AKA Bad Bunny) and Travis Kelce. Production recently began in New Jersey, with Sandler teasing the return of his character by posting a photo of Happy’s iconic Boston Bruins hockey jersey.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mourinho reveals why he snubbed media after 3-1 defeat to Galatasaray
Forum | 10 hours ago

Mourinho reveals why he snubbed media after 3-1 defeat to Galatasaray

Nicki Minaj reveals why Wizkid deserves a Grammy award
Forum | 17 hours ago

Nicki Minaj reveals why Wizkid deserves a Grammy award

Peaky Blinders Movie Cast Adds The Incredible Hulk’s Tim Roth
Forum | 22 hours ago

Peaky Blinders Movie Cast Adds The Incredible Hulk’s Tim Roth