"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

The Last of Us Season 2 Features a Scene Gamers Will ‘Eat Up,’ Teases Neil Druckmann

Forum 7 hours ago

The Last of Us Season 2 Features a Scene Gamers Will ‘Eat Up,’ Teases Neil Druckmann

HBO’s The Last of Us Season 2 is one of the most anticipated shows of 2025. Series co-creator Neil Druckmann, one of the architects of the Naughty Dog video game, loves how fans who watched the series first are now giving the game a shot.

“What I’ve really enjoyed now is sometimes there are these people that have watched the show and then went and played the game and talked about, what a cool experience,” Druckmann told Variety. “The game sometimes hints at stuff that we just don’t have time to get into the show that the game can, and vice versa. If you experience both, they’re both richer for it. And I love hearing that experience from people.”

Season 2 is based on the video game The Last of Us Part II. Druckmann appreciates how the show allows more time to explore characters and their backstories. Druckmann can’t wait for the gamers to witness a specific scene in Season 2 that they will “eat up.”

“And there’s stuff in this season that I’m really excited about — stuff that we hinted at — one scene in particular comes to mind that I think fans of the game will eat up,” Druckmann said. “Because it really kind of tells you a lot of backstory of this important character that there wasn’t really a way for us to even do that in the game.”

Who is Involved in The Last of Us Season 2?

The Last of Us Season 2 stars Pedro Pascal as Joel, Bella Ramsey as Ellie, Gabriel Luna as Tommy, and Rutina Wesley as Maria. New cast members include Kaitlyn Dever as Abby, Isabela Merced as Dina, Young Mazino as Jesse, Ariela Barer as Mel, Tati Gabrielle as Nora, Spencer Lord as Owen, Danny Ramirez as Manny, and Jeffrey Wright as Isaac Dixon. Catherine O’Hara will guest star.

Druckmann and Craig Mazin developed the show for HBO. Season 1 premiered in January 2024 to record-setting viewership numbers. The Last of Us Season 1 won eight Emmys, and Pascal won the SAG Award for Male Actor in a Drama Series.

Season 2 is scheduled to premiere in 2025 on HBO.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abbott Elementary Season 4 Trailer Previews Emmy-Winning Comedy’s Return
Forum | 22 hours ago

Abbott Elementary Season 4 Trailer Previews Emmy-Winning Comedy’s Return

Outer Banks Season 4 Trailer Previews Danger-Filled Return of Netflix Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Outer Banks Season 4 Trailer Previews Danger-Filled Return of Netflix Drama

The Lincoln Lawyer Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Netflix’s Legal Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

The Lincoln Lawyer Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Netflix’s Legal Drama

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Season 2 Casts Resident Evil Star as Zeus’ Daughter Thalia
Forum | 2 days ago

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Season 2 Casts Resident Evil Star as Zeus’ Daughter Thalia