The Boondocks Reboot Canceled at HBO

Forum 2 years ago

The Boondocks Reboot Canceled at HBO

The Boondocks reboot is no longer happening at HBO Max, according to star Cedric Yarbrough.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bb77f6f03d99ecd3238031aa3a194261.jpg

During a recent interview on 1-on-1 w/Deuces, Yarbrough confirmed that the reboot was not happening, saying that Sony Pictures Television had “pulled the plug” on the series and that it would no longer be going forward.

“I hate to say this, but… the show is, right now, not coming back,” Yarbrough said. “I don’t know if this is breaking news, but we’ve been wanting to do the show, and Sony… they decided they’re going to pull the plug. So, I don’t know. Hopefully, maybe one day we’ll be able to revisit. If we don’t then that’s what that is, but I wish the show was coming back.”

No official reason for the shelving was confirmed, with HBO Max and Sony Pictures Animation declining to comment when Variety reached out to them in their own report.

The Boondocks reboot was initially ordered by HBO Max in September 2019 with two seasons planned before the streaming service had even launched. At the time, the 24 new episodes of The Boondocks, alongside all 55 episodes of the original series, were scheduled to release on HBO Max in 2020.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Molly Shannon to Lead HBO Comedy Series From SNL Writer, Plot Details Revealed
Forum | 1 week ago

Molly Shannon to Lead HBO Comedy Series From SNL Writer, Plot Details Revealed

Cold Case Reboot in the Works at CBS
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Cold Case Reboot in the Works at CBS

Melrose Place Reboot in the Works Starring Heather Locklear, Other Original Cast Members
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Melrose Place Reboot in the Works Starring Heather Locklear, Other Original Cast Members

Heroes Reboot Gets Title, First Details on Timeline
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Heroes Reboot Gets Title, First Details on Timeline