Elvis Presley Estate Slams Sofia Coppola’s Priscilla

Forum 10 months ago

Elvis Presley Estate Slams Sofia Coppola’s Priscilla

Sofia Coppola’s upcoming film Priscilla left a bad taste in the mouth of the Elvis Presley estate, according to a recent report from TMZ.

Priscilla and Presley’s estate have differing opinions on the film

According to the report, “multiple officials” connected to Presley’s estate are not happy with the upcoming movie. One estate official who has seen the film described it as “horrible,” saying that “it feels like a college movie. The set designs are just horrific, it’s not what Graceland looks like.”

While the Presley estate may not be too excited about the upcoming movie, Priscilla Presley has a very different take. In a recent Instagram post, Presley praised the movie and Sofia Coppola.

“[Coppola] has such an extraordinary perspective and I have always been such an admirer of her work,” said Presley, who is “certain this movie will take everyone on an emotional journey.”

The new biographical drama is written and directed by Sofia Coppola (Lost in Translation, The Virgin Suicides). It follows the life of Priscilla Presley, the wife of the King of Rock and Roll himself, Elvis Presley. The film is based on Priscilla’s 1985 memoir, Elvis and Me.

The film will star Cailee Spaeny (On the Basis of Sex, Vice) as the titular character, with Elvis being portrayed by Jacob Elordi (Euphoria, The Kissing Booth).

Rounding out the cast are Raine Monroe Boland as Lisa Marie Presley, Emily Mitchell as Lisa Marie Presley, Jorja Cadence as Patsy Presley, Rodrigo Fernandez-Stoll as Alan “Hog Ears” Fortas, Luke Humphrey as Terry West, and Dagmara Domińczyk.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself
Forum | 5 days ago

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’
Forum | 5 days ago

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’

Declaring Yahaya Bello Wanted Unnecessary – Bwala Slams EFCC
Forum | 6 days ago

Declaring Yahaya Bello Wanted Unnecessary – Bwala Slams EFCC