SAG Grants First Waiver Allowing Actors to Promote Upcoming Movie

Forum 9 months ago

SAG Grants First Waiver Allowing Actors to Promote Upcoming Movie

After allowing several independent movies and shows to resume filming, SAG-AFTRA has officially issued a waiver that permits actors to promote their upcoming film during the ongoing actors’ strike. The cast of Music Box Films’ upcoming independent drama film The Unknown Country are the first to be granted the special waiver, allowing them to do publicity for their project before and after its theatrical release this Friday, July 28 in New York and Los Angeles.

“As an independent, non-AMPTP-affiliated distributor, Music Box Films is committed to bringing the best independent and international films to cinemas around the US. And few films are as thoroughly independent as THE UNKNOWN COUNTRY,” Music Box Films said in a statement. “We are grateful to the creative team and SAG-AFTRA for swiftly signing an interim agreement that will allow the release to go forward with all collaborators present. Music Box Films will continue working with independent productions to bring unique and diverse stories to your local arthouse and independent theaters.

Who’s the Cast of The Unknown Country?

The Unknown Country is written and directed by Morrisa Maltz. The film is led by Lily Gladstone (Killers of the Flower Moon) as Tana and Raymond Lee (Quantum Leap) as Isaac. It also stars Richard Ray Whitman, Lainey Bearkiller Shangreaux, and Devin Shangreaux.

“An unexpected invitation launches a grieving young woman (Gladstone) on a solitary road trip through the American Midwest as she struggles to reconcile the losses of her past with the dreams of her future,” reads the synopsis.

The film is produced by Maltz, Laura Heberton, Lainey Bearkiller Shangreaux, and Katherine Harper. In addition to Maltz, the creative team includes cinematographer Andrew Hajek and editor Vanara Taing. The film had its world premiere at the 2022 SXSW.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 3 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Why I Do Not Promote Nudity In My Skits – Layi Wasabi Reveals
Forum | 6 days ago

Why I Do Not Promote Nudity In My Skits – Layi Wasabi Reveals