Blue Beetle Director Wanted to Make a Bane Origin Story for DC

Forum 9 months ago

Blue Beetle Director Wanted to Make a Bane Origin Story for DC

Blue Beetle director Angel Manuel Soto wanted to pitch a Bane origin story to DC.

Soto is about to direct the next DC superhero movie. “After Jaime Reyes graduates from college and returns to his hometown Palmera City, he is chosen to become a symbiotic host to the Scarab, an ancient alien biotechnological relic that grants him a powerful exoskeleton armor, turning him into the superhero Blue Beetle,” reads the official synopsis.

He recently told Den of Geek about what happened when he first got the call about working with DC. “I wanted to pitch ideas, and one of them was the Bane origin story,” said Soto. “I always thought that there was something interesting in exploring his reality and how a character like that comes to be.” However, the conversation went a different way, and Warner Bros. said, “There’s this character that we’ve been developing for a couple of years. The Blue Beetle, a Latino superhero.”

Bane has previously appeared in live-action DC movies like Batman & Robin and The Dark Knight Rises. There has yet to be a live-action origin story movie for this famous Batman supervillain.

What is the Blue Beetle release date?

The movie will release on August 18, 2023, by Warner Bros. Pictures.

The film stars Xolo Maridueña as Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle, with a supporting cast including Susan Sarandon, George Lopez, Adriana Barraza, Damián Alcázar, Raoul Max Trujillo, and Becky G.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

NSCDC Arrests Wanted Oil Thieves In Abia
Forum | 1 day ago

NSCDC Arrests Wanted Oil Thieves In Abia

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

Orphan: Dulé Hill and Sarayu Blue Join Hulu Limited Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Orphan: Dulé Hill and Sarayu Blue Join Hulu Limited Series