Gal Gadot Speaks on Reprising Her Fast and Furious Role: ‘Now Is the Right Time to Return’

Forum 8 months ago

Gal Gadot Speaks on Reprising Her Fast and Furious Role: ‘Now Is the Right Time to Return’

Gal Gadot recently opened up about her return to the Fast and Furious franchise.

Speaking with Flaunt, Gadot touched on her recent appearance in 2023’s Fast X. While she couldn’t say anything about what the future has in store for her character, she explained how the fans helped fuel her decision to come back to the franchise.

“I mean they were the first to give me an opportunity in Hollywood,” she said. “I still get emotional with the love from the fans. For years, I’ve been asked by so many different fans to ‘Come back, come back!’ And they even did a campaign for me to return. It was mind-blowing to me, and these are things I don’t take lightly. So, I was like, ‘Okay, maybe now it’s time, maybe now is the right time to return.’ It’s really exciting, and it feels right.”

Gal Gadot’s Fast and Furious role, explained

Gadot’s first credited appearance in a film was 2009’s Fast & Furious, where she played Gisele Yashar. She reprised her role in 2011’s Fast Five and 2013’s Fast & Furious 6. Near the end of Fast & Furious 6, however, Gisele was seemingly killed during the climactic runway sequence.

Gisele reappeared at the end of Fast X when she emerged out of a submarine sent to the Antarctic to rescue Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) and Cypher (Charlize Theron).

The franchise has yet to explain how Gisele managed to survive the events of Fast & Furious 6. In June 2023, Gadot told Entertainment Weekly she was also “curious,” and that she was waiting “for the script just like everybody else.”

Fast X: Part Two is directed by Louis Leterrier and written by Christina Hodson and Oren Uziel. Barring any delays, it is currently scheduled to release in the United States on April 4, 2025.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 1 hour ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 13 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 19 hours ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 1 day ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie