My Sailor, My Love Trailer Teases a Romantic Tale Between Two Elderly Lovers

Forum 8 months ago

My Sailor, My Love Trailer Teases a Romantic Tale Between Two Elderly Lovers

Chronicling the tender story of two lovers in their golden years, the trailer for My Sailor, My Love — starring Game of Thrones’ James Cosmo and The Escape Artist’s Bríd Brennan — highlights a budding relationship between two elderly people trying their second chance at love on the scenic coast of Ireland.

The upcoming film, which was an official selection at last year’s Toronto International Film Festival, will hit selected theaters on September 22. Directed by Finnish filmmaker Klaus Härö, the romantic drama will follow Grace (Catherine Walker) as she watches her father Howard (Cosmo) — a widowed sailor — struggling to take care of himself.

Presumably still reeling from the death of his wife, Grace then enlists the help of a housekeeper named Annie (Brennan), who soon develops a romantic bond with Howard. But while Howard is ready to delve deeper into his unexpected relationship with Annie, whose family is very welcoming of him and his daughter, Grace’s troubled relationship with him soon starts a conflict that will put Howard’s new, idyllic situation to the test.

Apart from the film’s limited screenings, My Sailor, My Love will be available digitally on October 24. You can watch the trailer below:

The film’s official synopsis reads as follows: “Howard is a widowed sailor living alone on the coast of Ireland and struggling to care for himself. His daughter, Grace, hires Annie to help out around the house. Though Howard initially rejects this imposition, Annie’s charm and gentle care win him over, and the two fall in love. Annie’s large and loving family welcomes Howard into their lives, but these new relationships only serve to illuminate the depth of pain and hurt between Howard and Grace, who is facing challenges of her own. Grace’s resentment tears at Howard and Annie’s otherwise idyllic seaside love story. This windswept drama deftly balances a universal family saga with a tender and timeless romance.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Glassworker Trailer Previews Pakistani Animated Movie
Forum | 14 hours ago

The Glassworker Trailer Previews Pakistani Animated Movie

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’
Forum | 2 days ago

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 2 days ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com