Captain Marvel 2 Director Shares Concern About Lack of Brie Larson In Movie Promotion

Forum 7 months ago

Captain Marvel 2 Director Shares Concern About Lack of Brie Larson In Movie Promotion

becoming a real possibility, the film's director addressed the concern of taking on that challenge without her leading MCU star.

Marvel Studios officially kicked off Captain Marvel 2's promotional tour with its first trailer debuting in April, showing Brie Larson's long-awaited return to the MCU in a leading role alongside Teyonah Parris and Iman Vellani.

However, due to the ongoing actors' strike taking hold in Hollywood starting on July 14, Larson hasn't been allowed to engage in any kind of promotional material for her new MCU sequel since then. And with Larson being one of the franchise's most successful actors, having her star power and voice promoting the film is no small factor when looking at this MCU sequel's potential box office earnings.

The Marvels director Nia DaCosta spoke with Abby News about the upcoming promotional tour for her MCU sequel, particularly touching on Brie Larson's likely absence from the promotional tour.

With Larson almost certain to be missing from the promotional tour due to the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike, DaCosta expressed hope that she's not alone in promoting the sequel, teasing that people will ask "Where’s Brie Larson?:"

"I’m hoping I’m not promoting the movie by myself. No one’s there to see me, either. They’re going to be like, 'Where’s Brie Larson?'"

DaCosta also touched on the status of the strikes as a whole, explaining that they "won’t be solved in one round of negotiations" but hoping that they end soon so that she and the rest of Hollywood can head back to work:

"I think we’re now in a new world. Everything that’s happening is an existential search that our industry is doing. It won’t be solved in one round of negotiations. But I’m hoping that the studios can end the strike soon and get us all back to work — to work for them."

This comes amidst concerns that Captain Marvel 2 will face a delay in its release due to these strikes, with neither the actors nor writers being able to promote or talk about the film publicly.

Will Brie Larson Be Able To Promote Captain Marvel 2?

Considering that progress on the actors' strike has been slow-moving, just like it's been for the writers' strike, the odds of Brie Larson getting to join the Captain Marvel 2 promotional tour are slim to none right now.

The Marvels is still set to release in theaters on November 10.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’
Forum | 1 day ago

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister
Forum | 1 day ago

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister