More The Boys Spin-offs Are Possible Depending on Gen V’s Success

Forum 7 months ago

More The Boys Spin-offs Are Possible Depending on Gen V’s Success

More spin-offs of The Boys are possible depending on the success of Gen V, according to Amazon executive Vernon Sanders.

Will The Boys Franchise Continue to Grow?

Sanders addressed the future of the hit comic book adaptation in remarks to Entertainment Weekly. “I will say this: Eric has had a vision for what this all leads to for years now, and we’ve been in an ongoing conversation about what comes next. So, it’s probably premature to talk about that beyond saying we believe in Eric, and if Eric is interested in continuing the story, we’ll be the first ones in line to really work with him on what that is. But right now we’re super focused on Gen V and an amazing season 4 of The Boys, which I think is going to blow fans away.”

Vernon, who is the head of television at Amazon and MGM Studios, continued, “I think Seth and Evan and Eric are genuinely interested in it. I think we’ve been probably the ones who’ve been wanting to be careful not to overexpose. So, once we committed to Gen V, we really wanted that to be the next thing out. And once we have it out and get a chance to see how everyone’s reacting to it, we can start talking about, like I said, what comes next.”

Gen V, the second spin-off of The Boys, following the 2022 animated series The Boys Presents: Diabolical, is “set at America’s only college exclusively for young-adult superheroes (run by Vought International), Gen V is an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive Supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities,” according to the synopsis. “It’s part college show, part Hunger Games — with all the heart, satire, and raunch of The Boys.”

The show, which debuts September 29 on Prime Video, stars Jaz Sinclair, Chance Perdomo, Lizze Broadway, Shelley Conn, Maddie Phillips, London Thor, Derek Luh, Asa Germann, Patrick Schwarzenegger, Sean Patrick Thomas, and Marco Pigossi.

Gen V is executive produced by showrunners Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters. Executive producers are Eric Kripke, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, James Weaver, Neal H. Moritz, Ori Marmur, Pavun Shetty, Ken Levin, Jason Netter, Garth Ennis, Darick Robertson, Craig Rosenberg, Zak Schwartz, Erica Rosbe, Michaela Starr, and Brant Engelstein.

It’s produced by Sony Pictures Television Studios and Amazon Studios, in association with Kripke Enterprises, Point Grey Pictures, and Original Film. Loreli Alanís serves as executive in charge for Point Grey Pictures.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
General Hospital: Nicholas Alexander Chavez Not Returning as Spencer
Forum | 1 day ago

General Hospital: Nicholas Alexander Chavez Not Returning as Spencer

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 1 week ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’

The Beach Boys Trailer Previews Upcoming Documentary on Legendary Band
Forum | 2 weeks ago

The Beach Boys Trailer Previews Upcoming Documentary on Legendary Band

Xavi’s possible next club after leaving Barcelona revealed
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Xavi’s possible next club after leaving Barcelona revealed