Keanu Reeves’ Constantine 2 Reportedly Cancelled at Warner Bros.

Forum 4 months ago

Keanu Reeves’ Constantine 2 Reportedly Cancelled at Warner Bros.

For those looking forward to the sequel to 2005's Constantine, starring Keanu Reeves, Warner Bros. (WB) might have some bad news.

WB shocked fans around the world when it announced in September 2022 that Reeves' DC Comics movie would be getting a sequel after nearly 20 years. Since then, there's been no further word on the project.

However, the future of the DCU is bright. It includes a new Superman film from James Gunn, a fresh take on Batman and Robin in The Brave and the Bold, a Booster Gold series, and more.

Yet, it seems that Constantine may not be a part of DC Studios' new slate of projects.

Entertainment Weekly reached out to Warner Bros. regarding the status of Constantine 2. A representative for the studio stated that the Keanu Reeves-led sequel has not been canceled.

Thanks to industry insider KC Walsh, fans learned that the recently announced film, Constantine 2, might have been canceled.

In response to a now-deleted tweet, Walsh bluntly stated that "Constantine 2 is not happening.”

So, if that’s true, then why would WB have ordered it in the first place? Well, according to the insider, it was a “desperate” move:

“That was a movie they greenlit in desperation because they weren’t sure the direction of DC her and needed to have something post-2023.”

This move would come right on the heels of three other projects meeting their demises. Most recently, this included Doom Patrol, Titans, and Pennyworth.

Before that, there was the incident involving Batgirl and its controversial cancelation.

The news also comes right after Constantine actor Keanu Reeves recently commented on the sequel's development, who was grateful that Constantine 2 was moving forward after being told "no," for years:

"I kept asking almost every year. I'd be like, 'Can I please?' [and] they'd be like, 'No, no!' ... "So it's exciting. It's almost like an open playground that we can hopefully cook something up and play in, and I guess get out of the playground and prepare a meal. But I'm looking forward to it, and hopefully it can happen."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
2 The Witcher Spin-off Shows Reportedly Canceled by Netflix
Forum | 14 hours ago

2 The Witcher Spin-off Shows Reportedly Canceled by Netflix

The Watchers Release Date Moved Up by Warner Bros.
Forum | 1 day ago

The Watchers Release Date Moved Up by Warner Bros.

The Movie Critic: Quentin Tarantino Was Reportedly Eying David Krumholtz for a Role
Forum | 2 days ago

The Movie Critic: Quentin Tarantino Was Reportedly Eying David Krumholtz for a Role

Keeper of the Lost Cities Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.
Forum | 1 week ago

Keeper of the Lost Cities Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.