Adam Driver Teases ‘Wild’ Megalopolis, Praises Shooting Experience

Forum 4 months ago

Adam Driver Teases ‘Wild’ Megalopolis, Praises Shooting Experience

While not a whole lot is known about Francis Ford Coppola’s long-in-development Megalopolis, star Adam Driver says the project is a wild one.

Speaking to Collider in a recent interview, Driver briefly touched on the upcoming film, calling it “wild” and saying he couldn’t wait for people to see it. “The movie is wild,” Driver said. “It’s so imaginative and big and epic, and it’s bold. It takes a risk, and I couldn’t be more excited by it.”

Driver also talked about how different the shooting experience was compared to productions on other movies. Because Coppola is financing the movie fully on his own, Driver says, it resulted in one of, if not the best, experience he’s ever had.

“Because he financed it himself, it made the shooting process one of the best experiences, if not the best shooting experience, I’ve ever had,” said Driver. “There was no excess conversation, there were no people robbing from Peter to pay Paul.”

“It felt like he was in control of the movie that he wanted to make and that was it,” Driver continued. “It felt like, ‘Oh, this is how movies should be.’ And he is the most generous, philosophical person that I know. I loved that process and making it with him. I love talking to him.”

What is Megalopolis about?

Megalopolis has been Coppola’s passion project since the 1980s. The logline states, “The fate of Rome haunts a modern world unable to solve its own social problems in this epic story of political ambition, genius, and dangerous love.”

The film stars Adam Driver, Forest Whitaker, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jon Voight, Laurence Fishburne, Aubrey Plaza, Talia Shire, Shia LaBeouf, Jason Schwartzman, Grace Vanderwaal, Kathryn Hunter, James Remar, Dustin Hoffman, Isabelle Kusman, D.B. Sweeney, Chloe Fineman, and newcomer Bailey Ives.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 10 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’
Forum | 10 hours ago

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast
Forum | 16 hours ago

Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast