Minx Season 3 Update From Jake Johnson: ‘You Can’t Beat Something Up That Many Times’

Forum 3 months ago

Minx Season 3 Update From Jake Johnson: ‘You Can’t Beat Something Up That Many Times’

Minx Season 3 gets a candid update from actor Jake Johnson, who detailed in a recent Deadline interview why he thinks a renewal for the Starz comedy is “unlikely.”

The actor, who plays Doug Renetti, said that he hasn’t heard anything definitive. But he added a caveat: “By evidence of me cutting my hair short. I don’t [expect a renewal].” This is in reference to the fact that Doug has longer hair in the raunchy 1970s series.

Johnson went on to detail how the show’s HBO Max cancellation and move to Starz makes Minx Season 3 less likely.

“I think the move to Starz, I think HBO kind of doing their HBO thing, or HBO Max, whatever it’s called now, I think that was brutal for [the show],” the New Girl alum noted. “Then, I think the strike coming out right as we were trying to promote it…My guess is you can’t beat something up that many times and keep going.”

Johnson concluded by mentioning how the hampering of Minx’s success was “unfortunate,” expressing his appreciation for the team that worked on the comedy. “I really loved the cast and the crew and the writers. It was a great group, but I don’t know.”

What to know about Minx

“After Doug and Joyce sell Bottom Dollar to a retired shipping magnate with unlimited money and power, Minx becomes a commercial success, bringing more money, more fame, and more temptations,” reads the official synopsis. “Under new leadership, Doug struggles to find his footing and maintain his control within Bottom Dollar. Meanwhile, Joyce begins to lose sight of her core beliefs as she gets caught up in her rise to stardom. As our Bottom Dollar misfits go mainstream, they start to question who they’re becoming and what they really want from this newfound success.”

Along with Johnson, Minx stars Ophelia Lovibond as Joyce. The season 2 cast also includes Idara Victor as Tina, Jessica Lowe as Bambi, Lennon Parham as Shelly Oscar Montoya as Richie, and Elizabeth Perkins as Constance.

Minx is created by Ellen Rapoport, who also serves as showrunner and executive producer alongside Paul Feig and Dan Magnante for Feigco Entertainment, Ben Karlin, and Rachel Lee Goldenberg, who also directed the pilot. Johnson also serves as a co-executive producer.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’
Forum | 9 hours ago

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 1 day ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’