Anyone But You: Glen Powell Talks ‘Authentic Chemistry’ with Sydney Sweeney

Forum 3 months ago

Anyone But You: Glen Powell Talks ‘Authentic Chemistry’ with Sydney Sweeney

Before Anyone But You’s theatrical debut, Will Gluck’s romantic comedy comeback film received early buzz thanks to lead stars Glen Powell and Sydney Sweeney’s viral set photos during the film’s production in Australia. Due to the pair’s insane chemistry, rumors began to circulate that Powell and Sweeney’s onscreen romance might have translated into real life. They eventually denied the speculation, as Sweeney is still currently engaged to her long-time boyfriend Jonathan Davino.

During a recent interview with Business Insider, Powell opened up what it was like working with Sweeney, whom he praised for being such a great scene partner.

“I’ll pretty much give Sydney all the credit for this,” he said. “I don’t have the mental capacity to pull anything like this off, but she’s very smart. She’s very smart. And look, Sydney and I do have authentic chemistry. I had such a wonderful journey with her on this thing. But in terms of actual dating and actually being together? [Laughs.]”

Why filming Anyone But You was difficult for Glen Powell?

Powell also admitted that it was hard for him to shoot the romantic comedy movie because he was going through a real-life breakup. “The only reason it made things harder for me to lean into that stuff was that I was going through a very real breakup amidst a promotional tour,” He shared. “I was with someone that I really loved and cared about and was trying to kind of make sense of a lot of stuff. It was a lot easier for Sydney to lean into something like that because she’s in a very committed and wonderful relationship and she’s very happy. So it was a little harder for me.”

Anyone But You was directed by Will Gluck from a screenplay he co-wrote with Ilana Wolpert. The film also starred Alexandra Shipp, GaTa, Dermot Mulroney, Rachel Griffiths, Michelle Hurd, Bryan Brown, Darren Barnet, and Hadley Robinson. It was executive produced by Sweeney, Natalie Sellers, Alyssa Altman, and Jacqueline Monetta, with Gluck, Joe Roth, and Jeff Kirschenbaum as producers.

The film is still in theaters worldwide.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie
Forum | 19 hours ago

Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie

Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests
Forum | 3 days ago

Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization
Forum | 6 days ago

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization