Jessica Chastain Shuts Down the Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo Rumors

Forum 3 months ago

Jessica Chastain Shuts Down the Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo Rumors

Actress Jessica Chastain has shot down any rumors of her potentially being in the upcoming film adaptation of The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

Speaking to E! News recently, Chastain was asked about the fact that she has become a big fan-favorite choice to play the role of Celia St. James in the movie. Despite the hopes of fans, though, Chastain said that it there is absolutely “zero possibility” it happens.

“But I love how excited the fans are,” Jessica said. “When I was working on Broadway, every single day, they’d be outside, when I was signing, with the books. I just love how wonderful that fan base is.”

The actress added that she looks “forward to watching it and I’m sorry to disappoint everyone out there!”

The news comes following Chastain previously being open to the idea, saying that she had seen the buzz online and telling Netflix “sure, send me a script” during an appearance on Watch What Happens Live in January. Unfortunately, it seems like Chastain has fully decided now, and won’t be in the flm.

What is The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo about?

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo centers around a legendary Hollywood actress who has enlisted an up-and-coming reporter to tell her life story. The film will chronicle Evelyn Hugo’s rise to fame during the Golden Age of Hollywood, as well as the sacrifices she made to get to the top.

The film is based on the hit historical fiction novel of the same name by Taylor Jenkins Reid, which was published in 2017.

It will be written by Liz Tegelaar (Little Fires Everywhere), who is also working on Malibu Rising for Hulu — another Reid adaptation. It will be executive produced by Reid and Margaret Chernin, with Liza Chasin of 3Dot Productions and Brad Mendelsohn of Circle of Confusion set as producers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie
Forum | 17 hours ago

Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie

Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police
Forum | 4 days ago

Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals
Forum | 1 week ago

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals