Glen Powell Gives Top Gun 3 Update: ‘There Is Stuff Happening’

Forum 3 months ago

Glen Powell Gives Top Gun 3 Update: ‘There Is Stuff Happening’

Glen Powell has given an update regarding Top Gun 3.

Per Variety, Powell spoke about the upcoming third film in the Top Gun franchise, which he’s set to star in alongside Tom Cruise and Miles Teller.

“People looked at me like I knew what was going on,” Powell said of when the news that Top Gun 3 was in development broke.

He continued, “There is going to be some fun stuff being announced soon…but it was confidential to me. I talk to [Joseph] Kosinski, Cruise, and Jerry [Bruckheimer] all the time. There is stuff happening and it sounds very exciting. I don’t know when I’ll be going back…I’m sure there is a jet waiting for me sometime in the future.”

What else do we know about Top Gun 3?

On January 12, 2024, Puck reported that Paramount was looking to move forward with Top Gun 3. Writer Ehren Kruger is reportedly writing the script, while Jerry Bruckheimer and David Ellison will both produce the movie.

Kosinski, who directed 2022’s Top Gun: Maverick, may return to direct Top Gun 3, though this has not been confirmed at this time.

The news about Top Gun 3 broke shortly after it was also announced that Cruise had signed a deal to make “original and franchise theatrical films” for Warner Bros.; however, the contract is non-exclusive, meaning Cruise can simultaneously make movies with Paramount and other studios.

According to Puck’s article, Top Gun 3 may be Cruise’s next movie after Mission: Impossible 8, meaning that anything Cruise may be working on with Warner Bros. will likely get pushed to 2025, at least.

Top Gun 3 does not yet have a release date. Top Gun (released in 1986 by director Tony Scott) and Top Gun: Maverick are both streaming on Paramount+, while Top Gun: Maverick is also available on Prime Video and MGM+.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’