Wicked Musical Officially Wraps Production, Ariana Grande Shares Statement

Forum 3 months ago

Wicked Musical Officially Wraps Production, Ariana Grande Shares Statement

Grammy-winning popstar Ariana Grande took to Instagram to confirm that production on Universal Pictures’ long-delayed film adaptation of the Wicked musical has finally been completed.

Posted on her Instagram story, the “Yes, And?” singer expressed how grateful she is to be a part of the project. In addition, Grande also shared a brand new set photo, providing fans with a glimpse of her character Glinda.

“I will never forget even a minute of my year(s) with her either. Or you. Or my Cyn. Permanently and preferably intertwined,” Grande wrote. “I am so inexplicably thankful that we got to add so many soggy eyelashes to the collection. There aren’t quite words yet but. But. Thank you, Jon, for leading the way with such compassion, openness, brilliance, and kindess. I have never seen someone conduct a space the way you do.”

What is the release dates for the Wicked movies?

Based on Gregory Maguire’s bestselling novel and the Tony-winning stage musical, the film adaptations of Wicked movies will be divided into two parts. Wicked: Part One is set for a November 27, 2024 release, while Wicked: Part Two has been scheduled to arrive in theaters on November 26, 2025. Chu directs from a screenplay written by the musical’s book writer Winnie Holzman. Three-time Oscar-winning composer and lyricist Stephen Schwartz also contributes.

Wicked chronicles the untold story of the Witches of Oz led by Cynthia Erivo as Elphaba and Ariana Grande as Glinda. They are joined by Michelle Yeoh as Madame Morrible, Jonathan Bailey as Fiyero Tigelaar, Jeff Goldblum as the Wizard of Oz, Bowen Yang as Pfannee, Keala Settle as Miss Coddle, Marissa Bode as Nessarose Thropp, Bronwyn James as ShenShen, Ethan Slater as Boq, and more.

Both films are produced by Marc Platt through his Universal-based Marc Platt Productions. Senior Executive Vice President of Production, Erik Baiers and Vice President of Production Development Lexi Barta are overseeing the project on behalf of Universal Pictures.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’
Forum | 23 hours ago

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister
Forum | 1 day ago

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister

Nicki DaBarbie Shares Test Result, Outcome Leaves Many Shocked
Forum | 1 day ago

Nicki DaBarbie Shares Test Result, Outcome Leaves Many Shocked